Madballs in Babo:Invasion review
Published & copyrighted by Playbrains
Wharfgames.com is not an official representative or the developer of this application. Copyrighted materials belong to their respective owners
The spiritual successor to the massively popular freeware top-down shooter BaboViolent2, Madballs in Babo:Invasion is an arena based 3D shooter offering players a satisfying and immersive experience in both single-player and multiplayer, including 'Invasion Mode' where players are able to design their own combat maps almost instantaneously by placing a combination of map tiles to create a never-before-seen map before gameplay starts. Truly, no two games are ever the same.
Featuring the recently re-released Madballs™ characters, Oculus Orbus™ and Horn Head™, from the popular 1980s toys best remembered for their outrageously bad looks and graphically colourful names, Madballs in...Babo: Invasion is a feature laden 'casually hardcore' action shooter.
- Single Player — Hours of repeatable gameplay through 10 epic levels
- 2-4 Player Online Co-op — challenge individual campaign levels with your friends or play the whole campaign in ‘Enduro’ mode
- 16 Player Multiplayer — 21 maps to match all game sizes
- 'Invasion' Mode — the signature mode of the game, players take turns placing map tiles to create a unique multiplayer map prior to each match
- Voice Chat — Talk to the other players in-game
- Classes — 10 character classes (each with 2 special abilities) over two warring factions, with each faction having 5 unique weapons each with two distinct firing modes
- Madballs Characters — Oculus Orbus™ and Horn Head™ from the infamous 80’s toy craze as in-game characters
- 5 Archetypes — Assault, Heavy, Runner, Flyer, Support
- Deployables — active (rocket turrets) or passive (healing towers) can be placed in Invasion mode
- Unlocks and Secrets — 50 unlocks and 50 Secrets to find during campaign gameplay
- Action — emphasis on fast-paced, visceral action that is easy to pick and play, yet offers a real strategic challenge for hardcore gamers