Madballs in Babo:Invasion review
The spiritual successor to the massively popular freeware top-down shooter BaboViolent2, Madballs in Babo:Invasion is an arena based 3D shooter offering players a satisfying and immersive experience in both single-player and multiplayer, including 'Invasion Mode' where players are able to design their own combat maps almost instantaneously by placing a combination of map tiles to create a never-before-seen map before gameplay starts. Truly, no two games are ever the same.
Featuring the recently re-released Madballs™ characters, Oculus Orbus™ and Horn Head™, from the popular 1980s toys best remembered for their outrageously bad looks and graphically colourful names, Madballs in...Babo: Invasion is a feature laden 'casually hardcore' action shooter.
- Single Player — Hours of repeatable gameplay through 10 epic levels
- 2-4 Player Online Co-op — challenge individual campaign levels with your friends or play the whole campaign in ‘Enduro’ mode
- 16 Player Multiplayer — 21 maps to match all game sizes
- 'Invasion' Mode — the signature mode of the game, players take turns placing map tiles to create a unique multiplayer map prior to each match
- Voice Chat — Talk to the other players in-game
- Classes — 10 character classes (each with 2 special abilities) over two warring factions, with each faction having 5 unique weapons each with two distinct firing modes
- Madballs Characters — Oculus Orbus™ and Horn Head™ from the infamous 80’s toy craze as in-game characters
- 5 Archetypes — Assault, Heavy, Runner, Flyer, Support
- Deployables — active (rocket turrets) or passive (healing towers) can be placed in Invasion mode
- Unlocks and Secrets — 50 unlocks and 50 Secrets to find during campaign gameplay
- Action — emphasis on fast-paced, visceral action that is easy to pick and play, yet offers a real strategic challenge for hardcore gamers